Competitors test: IKO shingles vs. tested products – part 2
In our opinion, IKO’s expertise crushes quality of the products in the competitors test – part 2
At our earlier post we already proved 3 important advantages of IKO’s Cambridge shingle compared to the products in the competitors test:
- The size of the shingles: IKO’s Cambridge is the biggest shingle in the range vs. tested products
- The width of the shim: IKO’s nailing lane is up to 2-3 times larger (making correct nail placement easier) vs. tested products
- The gluing system: IKO laminated shingles are glued together with five strips of bitumen
Today we take a look at the other reasons why we believe, you should choose IKO’s quality: the security of gluing system and nailing zone + angle cut.
The quality of the seal system holds shingles in place during high winds and protects your roof against wind-driven rain entering beneath the shingles. IKO Cambridge shingles are manufactured with a double line of defense in its critical shim area. Laminated shingles of the tested products only have one single line of glue in this critical part.
The Cambridge nailing lane is a clearly marked area of 35 and/or 45 mm for “Xpress” application and is the widest zone for accurate nailing. The straight cut of the “dragon tooth” part is in our professional view better for the shingle alignment compared to angle cut. When the products in the competitors test offer a smaller nailing zone, they do not combine it with a straight cut. We believe, yet another advantage of IKO’s laminated shingles.
A little summary. It is our professional view, that the following points prove that if you want a secure roof above your head, IKO has the highest quality you can find on the market:
- IKO Cambridge shingle is bigger > 1038 x 349 mm vs. the tested products
- Widest shim & nailing zone > 45 mm & 35 mm vs. the tested products
- Most developed gluing system > 5 strips vs. the tested products
- We believe, that a straight cut of dragon teeth gives a better alignment vs. the tested products
Keep these tests in mind when deciding which shingles you should buy.
Feel free to contact us, if you want to verify which products were included in the test.